Slade

Odds and sods about the British rock band Slade

Monday, January 08, 2007

New Don Powell recordings!

Sometime last year I got a mail from Jonah, drummer with the Danish rock band The Guv’nors. He asked me, do you think Don would record with us? Yes, I thought so and when I asked Don the answer was affirmative.
Well, on Sunday January 7., we then made our way to the Smart’n’Hard Production studios outside the Danish town of Aarhus. Here we met up with Jonah and the other guys from The Guvnors. Sonnyboi the singer, Tommy and Mash on guitars and Mike on bass as well as the producer. I think Gunther was his name.
Gunther and Don did the sound check right away while Hanne and I got acquainted with the guys. They were really great and we had a lot of laughs.
Then Don went to record with Tommy on guitar and after a few takes both songs were finished. The Guv’nors have a new album coming out later this year and Don is the guest drummer on their version of ”Raining In My Champagne” as well as The Guv’nors penned ”Do Not Disturb”.
For me it was a unique opportunity to see Don working in a studio and what a tight, precise piece of work he delivered! A professional all the way. I was happy, Hanne was happy, the band and the producer were happy and Don? Between takes he went over to me and whispered in my ear: ”I enjoy it!”
More to follow when The Guv’nors album featuring Don is being released!

2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Lise; Thanx for a great day!
-and to everyone else!;
HELL YEAH!
One Hell of a day! -and what a recording it turned out to be!
A GREAT honour to work with such an icon!
Watch out for the recording on our myspace site (AND make your own profile and add us!)

CHEERS!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Lise Lyng Falkenberg said...

Hi Jonah,
We all enjoyed it SO much! Can't wait for the end-result!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home